Small-Group and Flexi Sailing Yacht Cruise to Rhenia Island & Guided Tour of Delos (7hrs)
Country: Greece, Region: Cyclades, City: Mykonos Island
Visit the natural insular archaeological site of Delos and enjoy swimming to a secluded cove off the uninhabited island of Rhenia on an 7-hour yacht cruise with a yummy light lunch and beverages on board. Feel free with a flexi program and choose on spot either a second beach stop for swimming in Rhenia or the guided visit of Delos. It is your day cruise!
Embarkation time is at 08:45am
You will be picked up from your hotel by our complimentary transportation to reach the embarkation point. One of our cruise representatives will greet you and give you an overview of the cruise itinerary. A short tender ride will follow from the small dock in order to embark the sailing yacht anchored out in Agios Ioannis bay and waiting for you.
Once an overview of the sailing yacht and important safety information are introduced by the crew, at 09:30 am we set sail heading to Rhenia & Delos islands, the center of the Cyclades and located few miles south-west of Mykonos.
As we sail, the crew will be happy to show you how to raise and trim the sails as well as to steer the yacht, weather permitting. Gaze out at the beautiful scenery and the remarkable crystal blue water of the Aegean Sea, chilling out to the tunes of your choice and relaxing as you sunbathe on deck.
After approximately 1 hour sailing, we will arrive at the untouched island of Rhenia, separated from the sacred island of Delos by just a small strait. Dropped anchor in the idyllic bay surrounded by crystal clear turquoise waters and with gold sandy beach, enjoy swimming and snorkeling. Light lunch on board is ready. It is specially made Italian pasta with Greek flavored dressing instantly cooked on board, Greek salad and juicy seasonal fruits. A selection of complimentary house wine and soft drinks are also offered.
After approximately 2 hours spent in the untouched islet of Rhenia, the next stop is Delos Island, one of the most important archaeological sites of Greek history for our Licensed Guided Tour. We spend about 1½ to 2 hours with our professional English speaking guide exploring the UNESCO-listed Island of Delos, visiting the museum, walking up Mount Kynthos (367 feet high) and admiring the staggering array of ancient ruins. According to mythology, Delos is the birthplace of Apollo and Artemis, and the sanctuary to both gods serves as the center of a large Hellenistic city of about 30.000 inhabitants.
For those who prefer to stay on board we will sail for a second beach stop for swimming in one even more stunning pristine bay of Rhenia Island. It is all about a flexi program where you are free to choose the best way to enjoy your time!
We are ready at 03:30 pm to sail back to Agios Ioannis bay. Arrival is scheduled by 04:30 pm.
Our crew will help you disembark by a short tender ride to the small dock in front of the Church of Agios Ioannis where our complimentary transportation will be waiting for you. We will say goodbye in the Greek way with a farewell drink toast and returning home full of euphoria for having shared with you our Greece, whose destiny is bound to the sea and sailing is the best way to experience it.
What You Will Do:
•Place your pin to this Flexi Program and choose your sailing cruise stops
•Discover the sacred island of Delos with Licensed English Speaking Guide
•Swim and snorkel in the crystal clear waters of the uninhabited Rhenia Island
•Savour a specially made Italian pasta with Greek flavored dressing instantly cooked, Greek salad & juicy local fruits
•Treat your thirst with house wine and soft drinks offered complimentary
•Experience with us how to sail the yacht, raise and trim the sails
•Enjoy on the yacht an informal and friendly small group atmosphere
•Sailing yacht semi-private for 7 hours + crew
•Licensed English Speaking Guide at the archaeological site of Delos (approx. 1½ hr disposal)
•Light lunch cooked on board
•Complimentary white house wine, soft drinks, water and instant coffee
•Complimentary pick-up and drop-off service
•Complimentary snorkeling gear (mask with snorkel and fins)
•All safety equipment
•Entrance fees at the archaeological site of Delos (Euro 12,00 per person payable by cash on site)
•A selection of extra beverages is available on board on additional charge
•Crew tips at guests’ discretion
Details on Meeting Point:
The pick-up time is arranged according to the location of your accommodation. Please contact Sunfos Alessia Yachting 24hrs before, for confirmation of your pick-up time. It is a shared transportation with timetable schedule and if missed, you will need to reach the meeting point by your own means and no refund will apply.
The embarkation point is at 08:45 am at the picturesque village of Agios Ioannis (=Saint John), in front of the
Church of San Giovanni (=Agios Ioannis), located about 5 kilometers from Mykonos Town and 2,5 kilometers
from Ornos village. The departure time of the cruise is at 09:30 am.
*Meeting Point Coordinates on Google Map: 37.4226793, 25.3068050
What to Remember:
•All passengers must provide their passport details (full name, passport number, nationality and date of birth) to Sunfos Alessia Yachting upon reservation as requested by Mykonos Port Authorities. If not received well before the cruise date, passengers will not be entitled to embark.
• Closed non-slip shoes (deck shoes/sports shoes) are an optional idea to be comfortable and for safety on board. Do not forget to bring your swimsuit, a sun hat, sunglasses and beach towels and include plenty of sunscreen for protection from the sun. It is suggested to bring a windproof jacket especially in case of winds or cool months in early or late season.
• In case of stomach sensibility we advise you to have a conservative breakfast consisted of dry food and not so much liquids (i.e. avoid orange juice). Motion sickness medication is not provided on board.
• 48 hours from pick-up time full cancellation fees are applied.
• In case of bad weather condition, all reservations will be automatically postponed to the next available date.
If the customer is not in Mykonos at the suggested alternative date showed with a proof of document (i.e. ferry or flight ticket), only in that case he/she is entitled to receive full refund of the total fee.
• Depending on the weather, Sunfos Alessia Yachting has the right until 24hrs prior to the cruise to change the start and end point of the cruise with complimentary transportation. Notice will be given in due time.
• Cases of pregnancy, mobility and healthy issues must be advised before reservation and are subject to reconfirmation so to assure a safe participation of the passenger on cruise. If neglected to inform, Sunfos reserves the right to deny the passenger’s embarkation and no refund will apply.
• It is highly recommended to schedule your cruise date at the beginning of your stay in Mykonos, especially for short stay vacation planners, in order to have alternative available dates in case of cancellations due to the bad weather.
• Children aged 1,99 and younger are complimentary